Microsoft Windows Server Datacenter Select Per-Core License/Software Assurance Bundle and download (licenses up to two physical cores on a single server; minimum order of this item is 8) SA through 7/31/2022 LTSC or Semi-Annual Channel
More info from the publisher: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server
- This item includes...
- a perpetual license, maintenance through the date specified in the item's description, and download.
- Within an hour of your purchase of this item, DoIT will email an installation key (if required) and download instructions to you. If you don't receive that email, please call (608) 262-7253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive nothing physical as a result of the purchase of this item.
- Purchase of this item licenses use of either the Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) or the Semi-Annual Channel (SAC). Overview of release channels from Microsoft.
- Purchase of this item licenses two physical cores on a single server. The minimum order of this item is 8.
- The licensing model for Windows Server has changed from per processor to per core:
- Each physical server has to be licensed for all physical cores
- Each physical processor has to be licensed for a minimum of 8 physical cores
- Each physical server has to be licensed for a minimum of two processors, totaling a minimum of 16 physical cores.
- This item licenses two cores, so the minimum order quantity of this item is 8.
- Standard Edition provides rights for up to two OSEs or Hyper-V containers when all physical cores in the server are licensed. For every two additional VMs, all the cores in the server have to be licensed again.
- Datacenter Edition provides rights for unlimited OSEs or Hyper-V containers when all physical cores in the server are licensed.
- Windows Server 2016 Licensing Datasheet
Unlike Windows Server 2012, the 2016 and later versions of Datacenter and Standard editions have some different capabilities:
Datacenter Standard Core functionality of Windows Server yes yes OSEs or Hyper-V containers Unlimited 2 Windows Server Containers Unlimited Unlimited Host Guardian Service yes yes New storage features including Storage Spaces Direct and Storage Replica yes no New Shielded Virtual Machines
yes no Networking stack yes no The following features require purchase of a License/Software Assurance bundle. Nano Server yes yes Semi-Annual Update Channel yes yes Azure Hybrid Benefit for Windows Server Use each license on-premises and in Azure. Use each license once, either on-premises or in Azure.
|TS Manufacturer Part Number||9EA-00039|
|Support Options||For DoIT help with this product, contact the Help Desk at 608-264-4357 or email at email@example.com.|