Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services Select External Connector License/Software Assurance bundle (SA through 7/31/2022)
More info from the publisher: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-allow-access
- This item includes...
- an External Connector license/software assurance bundle, which permits any number of users outside the UW System to connect to any version of a UW-owned RDS server released before the end of the SA term specified in the item name. External Connectors are only for non-employees.
- You will receive nothing tangible as a result of the purchase of this item; your order confirmation or receipt is your proof of license.
- There are two client licenses required for accessing Windows Remote Desktop Services:
- Windows Server Client Access License (already owned for UW faculty, staff, and students under the terms of our Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions) or an External Connector License.
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Client Access License or External Connector License.
- RDS CALs or External Connector Licenses are required whenever a user is remotely connecting to Windows Server to display, access, or use a graphical user interface (for example, a desktop PC or application).
- The RDS CAL or External Connector license is required regardless of the technology used to access the server remotely (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services or other third-party software).
|TS Manufacturer Part Number||6XC-00298|
|Support Options||For DoIT help with this product, contact the Help Desk at 608-264-4357 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.|